By Nima Rezaei, Niloufar Yazdanpanah
Translational NeuroImmunology: Neuroinflammation updates on bench to bedside studies on neurological disorders that have immunological etiologies. The book covers neuroimmunology and the principles of autoimmune and autoinflammatory neurological disorders, with multiple sclerosis as the main focus. The immunopathology, genetics and epigenetics, microbiome, diagnosis and treatment of multiple sclerosis will be explained in ten chapters. A chapter also examines distinct aspects of pericytes, with final discussions on the neurologic manifestations, diagnostic approaches and treatments of the various neuroimmune disorders and lessons learned from translational research on non-human primates and zebrafish.
All sections are presented in an accessible, practical format, making this volume a valuable resource for immunologists, neurologists and researchers in translational biomedical research.
- Gives an introduction on neuroimmunological diseases, from bench to bedside
- Encourages the development of immunologic approaches to analyze the interaction and specific properties of nervous tissue elements during development and disease
- Focuses on understanding and therapeutically manipulating immunological responses to injury, degeneration and autoimmunity in the central nervous system
- Proves changes in relevant immune and inflammatory reactions at the cellular and molecular level during the development of nervous system diseases
- Publisher : Academic Press; 1st edition (July 14, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 540 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323858414
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323858410