By Kostas Konstantopoulos, Dimitrios Giakoumettis
Neuroimaging in Neurogenic Communication Disorders provides a comprehensive review of cases utilizing neuroimaging in neurogenic communication disorders. Basic knowledge of neuroanatomy and medical conditions related to these speech and language disorders are discussed. Each case study includes information on neuroanatomy, case presentation, neuroimaging, differential diagnosis, and final diagnosis. This book is written for medical students, practitioners and researchers in neuroscience and speech language pathology.
Neurogenic communication disorders are caused by damage to the central or peripheral nervous system. This damage can be caused by Parkinson’s disease, stroke, dementia, traumatic brain injury, brain tumors, and other neurologic disorders and causes issues such as aphasia, dysarthria and apraxia.
- Focuses on neuroimaging in acquired neurogenic communication disorders like apraxia, dysarthria and aphasia
- Covers basic neuroanatomy as related to speech and pathology
- Includes cases organized by anatomical entities involved in lesions
- ASIN : B0C8FTG8MT
- Publisher : Academic Press (June 30, 2023)
- Publication date : June 30, 2023
- Language : English