By Elizabeth DePoy PhD MSW OTR, Laura N. Gitlin PhD. FGSA FAAN
Learn the latest healthcare and human service research methods! Introduction to Research: Understanding and Applying Multiple Strategies, 6th Edition helps bridge the gap between research and practice by giving you a solid foundation for critiquing your own work. This easy-to-read guide covers all the major research design strategies: qualitative, quantitative, naturalistic, experimental-type, and mixed method. Plus, the 6th edition has been updated to include contemporary references, an expanded discussion of big data, updated research methods, and more!
- Comprehensive coverage of research designs helps you to further understand how to apply these methodsto healthcare and human service settings.
- Detailed coverage of qualitative and quantitative methodologies offer a unique and balanced focus that makes this text more comprehensive than others in its field.
- Case examples provide real-life snapshots of what it is like to participate in different types of research processes, identify research dilemmas relevant to chapter subjects, and alert you to problems you might encounter.
- NEW! Contemporary, practice examples give you a highly relevant understanding of today’s changing health and human service environments.
- NEW! In-depth analysis of big data and data analytics expands your understanding of how to apply these numbers to health and human service research.
- NEW! More emphasis on technology in research and research informed practice ensures you understand the latest methods available to you.
- NEW! Expanded discussion of naturalistic methods improve your ability to understand and integrate varying methods.
- NEW! Updated research methods, strategies, and references provide you with the latest information on research in diverse areas of health and human services.
- Publisher : Mosby; 6th edition (November 27, 2019)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 416 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323612474
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323612470