By A. Wallace Hayes, Tetyana Kobets
Hayes’ Principles and Methods of Toxicology has long been established as a reliable and informative reference for the concepts, methodologies, and assessments integral to toxicology. The new edition contains updated and new chapters with the addition of new authors while maintaining the same high standards that have made this book a benchmark resource in the field.
- The comprehensive yet concise coverage of various aspects of fundamental and applied toxicology makes this book a valuable resource for educators, students, and professionals.
- Questions provided at the end of each chapter allow readers to test their knowledge and understanding of the material covered.
- All chapters have been updated and over 60 new authors have been added to reflect the dynamic nature of toxicological sciences
- New topics in this edition include Safety Assessment of Cosmetics and Personal Care Products, The Importance of the Dose/Rate Response, Novel Approaches and Alternative Models, Epigenetic Toxicology, and an Expanded Glossary.
The volume is divided into 4 major sections, addressing fundamental principles of toxicology (Section I. “Principles of Toxicology”), major classes of established chemical hazards (Section II. “Agents”), current methods used for the assessment of various endpoints indicative of chemical toxicity (Section III. “Methods”), as well as toxicology of specific target systems and organs (Section IV. “Organ- and System-Specific Toxicology”).
This volume will be a valuable tool for the audience that wishes to broaden their understanding of hazards and mechanisms of toxicity and to stay on top of the emerging methods and concepts of the rapidly advancing field of toxicology and risk assessment.
- Publisher : CRC Press; 7th edition (July 3, 2023)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 2084 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1032467088
- ISBN-13 : 978-1032467085