By Maria Augusta Montenegro, Jong M. Rho
Research in the field of epilepsy will continue at a rapid pace, with the ultimate hope of curing many intractable epilepsy syndromes. Fully updated, this new edition is organized chronologically, from neonate through adolescence, and the handbook is the culmination of a group effort involving leading physicians and researchers whose contributions constitute a concise and practical reference for health professionals in training. Here the contributors review the recent flood of new information on the pathophysiology, genetics, and treatment of the various epilepsy syndromes, and the volume is distilled into an easy-to-use guide.
- Fully updated text reviewing the latest research on the pathophysiology, genetics, and treatment of the various epilepsy syndromes.
- Thorough descriptions of the different syndromes commonly encountered in clinical practice across the pediatric range.
- Extensive resource section provided.
- Contributors describe why they chose each particular case, what they learned, and how it changed their practice.
- The book includes the most recent classification and nomenclature published by the International League Against Epilepsy.
- Publisher : CRC Press; 2nd edition (June 1, 2023)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 402 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1032283548
- ISBN-13 : 978-1032283548